The Spirit versus the flesh
TSV family, there is an ongoing civil war taking place within every believer, the origin of this battle predates us, brothers and sisters– going back all the way to Lucifer being cast out of heaven, and till this very minute, this battle continues to cause extensive damage to millions of believers on a daily basis.
It’s the battle between the Spirit and the flesh. The pulling from two very distinct perspectives with contrasting goals.
In this episode…
— What is the role of a believer in the battle between the Spirit and the flesh? [08:53]
- Believers in Jesus Christ need to pay close attention to this ongoing battle because sometimes, it’s obvious, and most times, it’s inconspicuous. Regardless, a believer in Jesus should ensure that they are walking in the Spirit–Galatians 5:16; renewing their mind with the Word–Romans 12:2, and finally, always putting on the whole armor of God–Ephesians 6:11.
- As believers in Jesus Christ, we should never forget that our risen Lord and Savior already secured the victory for us.
— Why is it important for believers in Jesus Christ to walk by the Spirit? [28:48]
- It’s essential, critical, and imperative to walk by the Spirit as a believer in Jesus Christ because it sets you apart from an unbeliever and helps us be all that God calls us to be in fulfilling His kingdom agenda here on Earth.
- This question is the equivalent of asking a human being, “how important is it for you to breathe?” As humans must keep breathing to survive, so it is for believers to always walk by the Spirit to fulfill His promises for our lives.
- Romans 8:6-7 tells us, “ For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God’s law, for it is unable to do so. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.”
—How do you, as a believer in Jesus Christ, crucify the flesh? [46:00]
- The hosts of your favorite podcast shared how they crucify the flesh daily by walking humbly before God, abiding in Christ, yielding to Holy Spirit, walking in love with those God has placed in their lives, and constantly seeking Godly counsel.