The return of Jesus Christ
In John 14:3, Jesus Christ, our risen Lord, and Savior, said these words, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
“I will come again…” TSV family, Jesus will return! Hallelujah!!!
In this season 1 finale of The Spoken Verity Podcast, the hosts examined in detail the imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Just like all Biblical prophesies, many specifics about the return of Jesus Christ are shrouded in mystery. Nevertheless, these mysteries are not an excuse for ignorance, apathy, or quarrels within the body of Christ–His Church.
Episode 24 of your favorite podcast explored a particular and often contentious event connected with the return of Jesus Christ; what should we, believers in Jesus Christ, be doing in preparation for His return? And the preparedness of the hosts for the return of our risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
In this episode…
— Does the Rapture occur separately from the return of Jesus Christ, or will both events happen simultaneously? [10:10]
- According to the Bible, the return of Jesus Christ will occur in two stages or parts, if you will. First, the Rapture, when He comes for His Church, and we, believers in Jesus Christ, will be caught up to meet Him in the clouds; you can find this verity in 1 Thessalonians. 4:14-17. Second, when He comes with His saints to execute judgment against His enemies and rule for a thousand years–see the Book of Revelations Chapters 19 and 20.
- Again, it boils down to this question: do you believe the Bible to be the inherent Word of God?
— What should we, believers in Jesus Christ, be doing in preparation for His return? [28:41]
- Rather than focus all our attention on the political developments of this world, or get hysterical around current events and news headlines. We, believers in Jesus Christ, should direct our hearts towards Him and seek to fulfill His great commission to us in Matthew 28:19.
- Yes, His perfect and finished work on the Cross secured our eternity, but what about the others in our lives who are not saved: siblings, neighbors, co-workers? Can we introduce them to the gospel of Christ through our love walk? Proverbs 11:30, one of the Reverend’s favorite verses, tells us, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise.”
— If Christ returned today, would you be ready? [49:50]
- Not only are the hosts of your favorite podcast ready to meet their risen Lord and Savior, but they live each day expecting Him to return. Galatians 2:20 gives a snapshot of the collective posture of their hearts
- Here is the more important question to ask: Are you–the one reading this show notes or listening to this episode, ready? Do you have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Not religion, but a relationship. If you feel led to make Christ the King of your heart by confessing and believing in Him as your Lord and Savior, please go to this page for more information.
“He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!”