The devotional life of a Christian
One vital means of growing closer to someone is spending time with them– having meaningful conversations, and in some cases, sharing experiences. The same is true of our relationship with Abba Father. He speaks to us through His Word; we communicate to Him through prayer, praise, and worship.
Basically, the devotional life is a perpetual habit of setting aside time to sit at the feet of our risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This deliberate and consistent practice requires persistency and commitment but doesn’t have a designated process or duration; it’s borne out of a relationship.
The hosts of your favorite podcast, being led by Holy Spirit, examined this essential discipline: why should it be prioritized? What might impede a Christian’s devotional life? How do we-Wiley, Arthur, and Reme nurture our devotional lives?
We hope it blesses you! Enjoy!!!
In this episode…
— Why is it important for a believer in Jesus Christ to have a devotional life? [08:53]
- This is the kind of question that could elicit a “duh, isn’t it obvious?” response. Yet, while it might seem like a no-brainer, the truth is that most believers in Jesus Christ need to invest more in their devotional time to receive comfort, instruction, guidance and even, correction.
- Why is it important? Because Jesus did so… The question then becomes, are you a follower of Jesus Christ as you claim to be? If yes, then follow His example and spend time with Abba Father.
— What are some ways the enemy of our souls tries to impede our devotional life? [33:54]
- By getting us to
- Focus on the problems of life
- Question the verity of God’s Word
- Be busy with the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches.
— How do you as a Blood-bought, Holy Spirit believer keep hope alive during these current times? [56:04]
- By making the right choices, as led by Holy Spirit.
- Checking in with Him as soon as we wake up.
- Through praise and worship.
- On-going communion throughout the day.
- Meditating on His promises before going to sleep.