The concept of Faith
The English dictionary defines faith as, “a system of religious belief,” and we’ve heard phrases like, a man of faith, or a woman of faith, but what is the true definition of faith?
According to the Verity of God’s Word, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” ~ Hebrews 11:1. Pastor Tony Evans likes to define it like so, “faith is acting like it is so, even when it’s not so, in order that it might be so, simply because God says so.”
In this episode, we discussed…
— What is Faith? [06:31]
- As defined in Hebrews 11:1, faith transports us beyond the ability of our physical senses and allows us to tap into the spiritual realm . It is trusting that our God is Who He says He is and will do what He promised to do. In answering this question, the origin of faith was also established as stated in Romans 10:17
— Why does the Bible say we must “live by faith”? [22:53]
- Not living by faith is challenging God’s authority and integrity. Hebrews 11:6 also tells us that not living by faith means that we are displeasing God. As believers, it’s impossible to have spiritual growth without living by faith.
— Considering the times we are currently living in, how can believers contend for the faith? [41:32]
- By winning souls for the kingdom.
- By upholding and demonstrating Christian values all that we think, speak or do.
- By spending time in the Verity of the Word, and praying in the Spirit.