3 Keys To Living A Christ-centered Life – Part 1
In Ephesians 2 v 1-3, Apostle Paul, inspired by The Spirit, vividly recounted the wretched state we were living in before our salvation:
- “…dead in our transgressions and sins….”
- “…following the ways of the world and the ruler of the kingdom of the air…” (Satan-the enemy of our souls)
- “…gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts…”
- “…and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.”
Then, Jesus enters the scene…
“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the
heavenly places in Christ Jesus” ~ Ephesians 2 v 4-6.
Hallelujah! Christ has redeemed us through His perfect sacrifice on the Cross, but how do we live a Christ-centered life?
TSV family! Grab your Bibles, open up your journals and let’s feast on the Verity that is the Word of God.
- Explain the difference between obedience and submission in relation to our Sovereign God? — 09:28
- In what ways can believers submit to God? — 30:00
- Have there been any doors that have opened to you from living a life fully surrendered to God?— 51:08
The degree to which the glory of God is manifested in any area of our lives is the degree to which we have submitted to His will in that particular area. Even when we are told to resist the devil in James 4 v 7, the first part of the verse says, “Therefore, submit to God.” (NKJV, emphasis added).
For us, followers of Jesus Christ, to fully exercise the authority given to us through Him, we must be fully submitted to Him. That only happens through a day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute relationship.
TSV family! As followers of Jesus Christ, He is our model for submission, as we see in John 6 v 38 and Philippians 2 v 5-9, and the first key to living a Christ-centered life is submitting to His Lordship over all areas of our lives.
Come back in Episode 58 as we look at the second key in the continuation of this series.
All the blessings!
If you are reading this but don’t have a relationship with Jesus Christ and feel led to accept Him as your Lord and Savior, we invite you to do so, today.